Travelling to Cape Town is convenient and accessible for international marathon runners.
Cape Town International Airport: The primary airport serving Cape Town is Cape Town International Airport. It offers numerous international flights from major airlines. Visit Cape Town International Airport's official website for flight information and services.
Visa Requirements: International visitors may require a visa to enter South Africa. Please check the official website of the South African Department of Home Affairs for detailed visa information and application procedures: South African Department of Home Affairs.
Contact Pure Travel for all your travel and accommodation requirements
Getting around Cape Town is easy with various transportation options available
- MyCiTi Buses: The MyCiTi bus service provides a reliable and affordable way to navigate the city. Check routes, schedules, and fare information on the official MyCiTi website: MyCiTi Bus
- Metrorail Trains: Metrorail operates train services in Cape Town, connecting different areas. For train routes, schedules, and ticketing details, visit the official Metrorail Western Cape website
- Taxis and Ride-Hailing Apps: Traditional taxis and popular ride-hailing apps like Uber and Bolt are readily available in Cape Town.
- Car Rental: If you prefer to have your own vehicle, car rental services are widely available in Cape Town. Check out reputable car rental agencies, like Europcar for options, requirements, and bookings.
Find the ideal place to stay in Cape Town, offering comfort and convenience.
Hotels, Guesthouses, and Bed and Breakfasts: Cape Town offers a range of accommodations, from luxury hotels to cosy guesthouses and bed and breakfasts. Here is a list of hotels near the Cape Town Stadium.
Online Booking Platforms: You can compare prices and make reservations through popular online travel agencies and hotel booking websites. Check out websites like Expedia or Booking.com. Click on this link to Airbnb for a specific range of choices close to the Cape Town Marathon Race Village.
During your stay, Cape Town provides essential services and facilities to ensure a comfortable experience.
- Medical Facilities and Sports Medicine: In case of any injuries or emergencies, Cape Town has reputable medical facilities and sports medicine clinics. Find specialized care at hospitals or medical centers with sports injury departments like the Sports Science Institute of South Africa.
- Fitness Centers and Gyms: Stay in shape and continue your training at local fitness centers and gyms. Look for facilities that offer suitable equipment, training areas, and group classes. Here are links to facilities near the Cape Town Marathon Race Village - Virgin Active Point Gym, Virgin Active Cape Town Foreshore, Virgin Active Silo District.
- Supermarkets and Pharmacies: Stock up on essentials at nearby supermarkets and pharmacies. There are several well-known supermarket chains and pharmacies conveniently located throughout Cape Town and in particular the V&A Waterfont.
Discover the beauty and attractions of Cape Town during your visit.
Table Mountain: Experience breathtaking views from the iconic Table Mountain. Take a cable car or hike to the summit. For more information, visit the official Table Mountain website.
Cape Point: Explore the natural beauty of Cape Point and the Cape of Good Hope Nature Reserve. Enjoy scenic drives, hiking trails, and stunning viewpoints. Check the official Cape Point website for details.
Robben Island: Take a historic trip to Robben Island, where Nelson Mandela was imprisoned. Visit the official Robben Island Museum website for tour information and bookings.
Cape Winelands: Indulge in world-class wines and picturesque landscapes in the Cape Winelands. Explore vineyards, wine estates, and charming towns like Stellenbosch and Franschhoek. Find more information on the Cape Winelands Tourism website.